[aprssig] APRS Messaging

Pete Loveall AE5PL Lists hamlists at ametx.com
Thu Jul 29 06:27:32 EDT 2010

You both are correct.  The APRS-IS server does not make the decision to gate to RF.  But the servers that support filtered ports do maintain a "last heard" list for each filtered connection.  This allows for proper messaging while using a limited feed, thereby allowing your client to work without being under the load of a full feed.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
pete at ae5pl dot net