[aprssig] APRX TX-gate filtering

Matti Aarnio oh2mqk at sral.fi
Tue Jul 27 11:59:10 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 01:56:02PM -0700, Jaye Inabnit ke6sls wrote:

> I hope some folks are using APRX and can share some config samples.  I'm
> interested in only filtering distance from my qth--regect all packets that
> are farther than say 50Km.
>
> Thanks and 73

Did you read thru this:
  http://ham.zmailer.org/oh2mqk/aprx/aprx-manual.pdf

Page 11 describes a Tx-iGate with a hint at where to add filters,
and how they behave.  Page 36 describes all available filters and
points to additional documentation.

The general problem in Tx-iGate filtering is that trying to be more
restrictive than basic Tx-iGate rules imply is not quite trivial.

If you want to restrict all Tx-iGated packet whose origin is either
not known geographically (like somebody sending only messages without
coordinates), or when a messaging partner is located at far away part
of the world. Then you could prevent such message originator from
responding to something that got from RF to APRSIS via your Tx-iGate,
and now the answer would not be permitted back the same way.

Filtering RF->RF digipeat packets is a lot simpler proposition.

> --
> jaye, ke6sls

73 de Matti, OH2MQK