[aprssig] APRX TX-gate filtering

Pentti Gronlund pentti.gronlund at tut.fi
Tue Jul 27 11:25:26 EDT 2010

Jaye Inabnit ke6sls writes:

> I hope some folks are using APRX and can share some config samples.  I'm
> interested in only filtering distance from my qth--regect all packets that
> are farther than say 50Km.

Hello Jaye,

This is what we have in one of our systems:

<source>                # Adding APRSIS source makes this tx-igate
     source        APRSIS
     relay-type     3rd-party  # Must define this for APRSIS source!
     viscous-delay  5    # Recommendation: 5 seconds delay to give
#                         # RF delivery time make itself known.
#     via-path TRACE1-1    # default: none
     filter         t/m  # Tx-IGate only messages sent to me by APRSIS
     filter         a/62.4/22.6/61/25
</source>

If you want to filter out the packets that come in from a distance of
more than 50 kms, just replace the coordinate-based filter line with
this:

     filter         "m/50"

You can also add some friend-range filters if you have e.g. mobile SAR
command vans or field day stations that will bring some traffic around
them:

     filter          "f/WB6XYZ-2/10"

Hope this helps :)

Benjamin OH3BK
--
		Live Reports from the Taxman's Paradise!