[aprssig] Kenwood D700/D710 RF Problems

J. Gary Bender, WS5N ws5n at wildblue.net
Wed Jul 21 19:25:19 EDT 2010

This may be the same problem in a more simple configuration.
I run a D700 as a mobile APRS (A side) and VHF (mostly) scanner (B side).  The rig is sitting under the passenger seat, not properly installed and grounded.  Power comes from inside the trunk, so it is a long line for a mobile.  If I run APRS on HIGH power, the B-side will occasionally pop over to one of the WX channels I have programmed in to the high memory channels.  I have not noticed if it is always the same channel.  Seems to happen at random but only when running high power on the A-side.  I just run medium power for APRS and the problem is avoided.
  J. Gary Bender, WS5N
  Fence Lake, New Mexico USA