[aprssig] Replacement for UI-View any one

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Fri Jan 22 14:19:04 EST 2010

Phillip ZL2TZE wrote...

> OK I am not looking for a fight here, but reality is that we are
> going to need a WINDOZE APRS program along the lines of
> UI-View with some improvements sooner than later !!!
> Is there any-one out there working on something similar and if
> so I would be interested in hearing from you off list is fine...

I'm not sure if the subject should be "replacement for UI-View" or
just "looking for a new APRS client". Saying "replacement" is setting
the bar pretty high, but it depends if the analogy is to high jumping or
limbo dancing!

Was there a particular feature you were looking for that was lacking in
UI-View, or are you thinking more of future generations of the operating
systems evolving to the point where UI-View wouldn't run on it?

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH