[aprssig] Replacement for UI-View any one

Wes Johnston, AI4PX wes at ai4px.com
Fri Jan 22 07:27:13 EST 2010

I know this thread is going to turn into a religious war.... but....

xastir with the co-linux kernel is the way to go.  Have run xastir using
cygwin and it worked well, but a couple of years ago cygwin broke and I gave
up (maybe it works now??).  VM ware running some variant of linux within
windows works but its a little clunky for the users to figure out why their
mouse won't move outside the bounds of the window.  I used co-linux about a
year ago and it was really slick.

http://www.xastir.org/wiki/index.php/HowTo:Windows_andLinux

The best part about xastir.... it's actively being developed.

Wes

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 20:52, Phillip <zl2tze at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> Hi,
>       Ok I am not looking for a fight here , but reality is that we are
> going to need a WINDOZE APRS program along the lines of
> UI-View with some improvements  sooner than later !!!
>
> Is there any-one out there working on something similar and if so I would
> be
> interested in hearing from you off list is fine ..
>
> 73 Phillip
>
> ZL2TZE

Wes
---
God help those who do not help themselves.