[aprssig] Replacement for UI-View any one

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Fri Jan 22 07:04:33 EST 2010

Greg D. wrote:
> VMWare is a virtual machine environment; the "player" program is a
> free download from http://www.vmware.com/products/player.  You can't
> create virtual machines with it, but you can run ("play") machines
> that others have made.  So, someone packaged up a Linux virtual
> machine, complete with a copy of Xastir.  You fire up vmware on your
> Windows machine, and then load the Xastir/Linux machine inside there,
> where it runs as if it was running native on its own PC.  Really quite
> clever.
>
> I actually do the reverse... on my Linux PC I have a little virtual
> machine where I run Windows, for those few things that can only run
> there.  Works out great.
>
> Anyway, for a link, I'd start with the Windows link you referenced
> from the Xastir site.

Thanks for the information but I already know and use VMWare
Workstation.  With that, I CAN create my own VMs.  My question was very
forcused and directed as I already chased the Windows links, over to the
BitTorrent Tracker, but NONE of the .torrents being tracked there
mention anything about BEING a VMWare image.  I was trying to save my
bandwidth (and others doing the same thing) by asking if someone could
clarify which of the .torrents was the advertised image rather than just
downloading everything that isn't obviously a map set just to find the
needle in the haystack.

So, can you tell me which one IS the actual image, or do I have to wait
for my .torrent downloads to finish (yes, I queued up all of the non-map
.torrents) to find out for myself.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

PS.  Ok, the needle in a haystack was an exaggeration, but if you (or
anyone else) want someone to try something, please consider making it
obvious and not just throwing out "it exists, see if you can find it".