[aprssig] aprstracker-0.11 configuration issue on linux

Arno Verhoeven (PE1ICQ) pe1icq at sharon.esrac.ele.tue.nl
Tue Jan 19 02:57:42 EST 2010

Hi Joe,

My guess is that it is HW related. Just like most of the PIC based
trackers, the serial data-out of the PIC in Foxtrak is directly
connected to the serial data-in of the PC. The PIC operates with 0-5V
signal levels while the RS-232 serial port of the PC probably expects at
least -3V (minus) instead of 0V.

Most serial ports are very forgiving and accept the 0V as a defined
level. But some don't in which case you should try another PC, or put a
level converter in between.

73, PE1ICQ