[aprssig] Logging on to APRS-IS

Chris Moulding chrism at crosscountrywireless.net
Sat Jan 9 12:34:42 EST 2010

I'm trying to add to add an Igate function to the APRS Messenger program
to send packets from RF to the APRS-IS.

Using Winsock controls in VB6 I can connect to an APRS server OK and get
a commented message back but when I send what I think should be a logon
script it's not recognised. Checking the APRS server (ireland.aprs2.net)
I can see that I'm logged on with a blank callsign, software and filter.

I'm trying to logon with this script:

call G4HYG-8 pass 15247 vers aprs_messenger filter r/52/-2/500

Am I missing something?

73,

Chris, G4HYG

--