[aprssig] Clarification on Wide 1 digi characteristic please

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Sat Feb 27 20:13:11 EST 2010

Actually, I believe you did figure it out.  Everything you stated is
correct, even to the point of the WIDE1*,WIDE2* even though most of the
time you'll never actually see a packet presented that way.  Only the
right-most * (means used) matters.  Digis will only look beyond the last
used hop when making decisions.  The WIDE1,WIDE2* packet has been
completely used up and will not be digi'd any more.  In point of fact,
you really don't want it to be digi'd any more because that would
unnecessarily fill the channel without much gain.

May I ask why you can't hear the WIDE2?  What's your callsign so we can
eyeball the area we're talking about.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ