[aprssig] RFID Progress

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Feb 24 14:52:51 EST 2010

Made my 4th HotSpot RFID coil today.

Doubled the size to 10" and range increased by 1.4 to 11".  The
original coils were 5" and had an 8" range.  For our marked
HotSpots with participating users, I think I'll stick with the
5" coils for ease of use.

But it would be nice to see how big a coil will still work.  You
can see how to tune them to 125 KHz on my
www.aprs.org/aprs-rfid.html web page.

Lynn is making great progress with the callsign Associator.  He
is outputting multiple objects at my HotSpot that you can see on
the map:

http://aprs.fi/?lat=38.9852&lng=-76.4852&mt=m&z=19&timerange=360
0

Be sure to select satellite image so you can see the detail.

Bob, WB4APR