[aprssig] RFID Side Note

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 23 22:18:21 EST 2010

I've a bit-o-nit to pick.  I find it hard to consider these 'proximity' cards  in the same boat as the 13MHz and the 900 MHz tags that can be read hundreds of feet away.  THOSE are RF.

When these threads appeared a while back it took me a while to figure this out.  Several of the things not possible with the proximity cards are easily handled with the RFID tags.

If anyone doesn't know about the others, listen to Chris Paget explain:
 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-282861825889939203

Then get your aluminum beanie ready.  (;-)

73, Steve

FYI: The 125 KHz cards I used (I disected one) worked pretty well in a 'swipe' mode...