[aprssig] APRS RFID in Hara Arena on APRS.FI

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Tue Feb 16 14:21:34 EST 2010

Bob,

It looks like you created the objects in one location and then moved
them to their current locations?  I've captured how these objects look
in APRSIS32 at various zoom levels and posted them to
http://tinyurl.com/DaytonRFID

To get them to actually touch one another, the zoom is 110 feet for the
diameter of the circle (upper right corner).  At that zoom level,
maximizing the window on my 1920x1400 laptop screen still only gives 196
feet of vertical space.  So with a map that covers the entire arena, I
suspect there's not enough room to show stacks at each location, even
with a large screen.

Great idea though, and I'm anxious to see how it all comes out.  Who
knows, it might even get me to add a toggle-option to my client to show
or hide callsigns next to the icons!  Especially when I expect most of
them to be people walking!

PS.  To download my client, join the APRSISCE Yahoo Group at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/APRSISCE/ or just click the link at the
top of the thumbnail page above.  It's free!

PPS.  If you haven't seen these on APRS.FI yet, here's a direct link:

http://aprs.fi/?lat=39.8215&lng=-84.2567&mt=m&z=19&timerange=86400 (only
good for 24 hours unless Bob is refreshing the objects)