[aprssig] APRS RFID in Hara Arena on APRS.FI

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Feb 16 13:11:08 EST 2010

RFID on the map!

Zoom into Hara arena (Dayton Ohio) 3949N 8415W and you will see
10 RFID simulated objects in the HARA arena.  They are spaced
every 15 feet using the !DAO! Format and apparentlly APRS.FI can
resolve them just fine.

The APRS RFID spec has now been updated to rev4 with the
addition of the additional parameter indicating if the person
was walking over, stepping on or standing at the HotSpot RFID
reader.  See http://aprs.org/aprs-rfid.html

So, the APRS infrastructure is completely ready to begin
receiving and displaying RFID locations.  Now all we gotta do is
assemble the Tag-Trackers as I call them, one at each door or
location... And we can add this very powerful APRS capability to
our toolbox.

Bob, Wb4APR