[aprssig] New $200 Netbook Appears To Have APRS Potential

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 17:57:29 EST 2010

I hadn't heard of the EduBook, so I did a bit of searching and found
that it evidently ships with an Ubuntu based version of Linux called
WattOS.  I downloaded WattOS RC1, which is essentially Ubuntu 9.10
with a customized LXDE desktop.  After installing WattOS in a virtual
machine, I was easily able to compile the latest version of XASTIR
using the current instructions in the Xastir Wiki for Ubuntu 9.10.

Based on the above experience, the EduBook with WattOS should be a
good platform for running XASTIR.

Not necessarily an XASTIR guru,

Lee - K5DAT
Murphy, TX