[aprssig] Underground APRS ? - Can we expand application to save lives?

Geoffrey Dick wa4ikq at nevets.oau.org
Tue Feb 9 20:44:44 EST 2010

Undergound APRS - Can we brainstorm a way to do this?

Here is a young man who found a way to send radio signals deep into
caves underground.   Can we expand his method with transponders, above
and below, to build a locator?

See:  http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=123116417&ft=1&f=1001

ALL:  Let us put this listserver to good use.  We have on the APRSSIG
      a collection of those who are most familiar with using radio
      applications to build a locator system that can save lives.
      Here is a real opportunity to show your stuff.

Geoffrey, WA4IKQ