[aprssig] Slight oops in MD

AA3JY at Winlink.org AA3JY at Winlink.org
Fri Feb 12 18:23:21 EST 2010

Joseph wrote:

It seems that some APRS clients interperate the word "EMERGENCY" in
all caps as an emergency beacon or something like it.  I didn't
realize this.

so the term, STATE OF EMERGENCY will make some clients alarm.

So, that was me.  I thought it was supposed to be something like
!EMERGENCY! but I don't have these thigns committed to memory.

My apologies.

73 de Joseph M. Durnal NE3R
Some years ago there was a time that if one typed in ?HELP? for a particular onair APRS server the commands would be sent back in response..well someone misinterpreted that and called the local LEO's..well you can imagine what happened next....

Regards,

Clay AA3JY
Kimberton,Pa.