[aprssig] APRS RFID apps? (types?)

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Feb 12 08:20:33 EST 2010

> There are RFID tags which use different
> protocols even if they are in the same
> bands..  Thus far we've been discussing
> specific readers and tags from sparkfun,
> however... people will try different
> methods and different tags..

> You should likely add the protocols and
> frequencies of recommended tags (beyond
> linking to 3rd party site...

This is great input.  Can you help specify what those tags are and comment on their  overall popularity within the realm of other tags?  My experience is that Sparkfun usually tries to stock things that are the most applicable to hobbiests and so I kinda assumed that that meant these were the most common tag.

Bug since you have a background in this and I have none, anything you can do to help clarify the specs on this tag and how it relates to other passive tags wouild be valuable to the effort.

Thanks!
Bob, Wb4APR