[aprssig] APRS RFID apps? (spec rev2)

Patrick winston at winston1.net
Thu Feb 11 13:08:00 EST 2010

First off the amusing point..  Remember that pet microchips are RFID
tags which are I believe are compatible with the readers you are
looking at..  Finally an easy way to APRS enable your pets.

The one thing which hasn't been discussed, but should be is that there
are RFID tags which use different protocols even if they are in the
same bands..  Thus far we've been discussing specific readers and tags
from sparkfun, however in the bigger world there are people who will
try different methods and different tags..  There may be frustration
from people who try this in their local area with materials sourced
elsewhere and then arrive at Dayton to find that their local materials
do not work with the Dayton readers.  You should likely add the
protocols and frequencies of recommended tags (beyond linking to 3rd
party site which could end up with completely different products if
they decide to reline their online store.