[aprssig] Wow! Bob you stirred the pot now! (E power)

Kriss A Kliegle kliegle at myfairpoint.net
Mon Feb 8 16:09:59 EST 2010

   This topic (emergency power for homes) gets hashed out on 2M and HF all the time.
For $76, I have the mechanical interlock for a Siemens 200A panel. The main breaker and the two slots immediately below (reserved for a generator or alternat source of 220AC are mechanically interlocked via metal slides that attach to the panel cover over the breakers. The mechanical interlock only allows the main or the generator breaker to be 'on', one or the other, but not both.

Here's info for Siemens panels...
http://www.sea.siemens.com/us/internet-dms/PDandC/Residential/Residential/docs_Generators/Standby_Power_Interlock_Kits_Cut_Sheet.pdf

I found some websites out there, but they wanted 2X the cost as my local electrical supplier!

73 de Kriss KA1GJU