[aprssig] 3' snow emergency (generators)

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Mon Feb 8 14:52:34 EST 2010

Bob WB4APR wrote...

> My salvage Prius... I can use it for energy production, heat, energy
> storage, and since I use it every day for transportation, I know it
> will always work when I need it.

Toyota is recalling over 7 million cars that go when you don't want
them to go, and 270,000 of the Prius variety that don't stop when you
want them to stop. Come to think of it, it might be safer plugged into
your house with a male-to-male cord than on the road - hi! - as long
as no-one accidentally flips the main breaker back on while you are
back-feeding power into the house. While their gas pedal and braking
problems will be fixed, back-feeding power into the house will never
be safe. The 120V that you are feeding from the car could be thousands
of volts the other side of a transformer.

Now if there was only a way to feed an Internet connection from my
car to the house (where it has been down since 630 am) I would be
laughing!

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
--
"Sent from home with my backup Internet connection!"