[aprssig] 3' snow emergency (generators)

John Ronan jpronans at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 13:26:38 EST 2010

> BUT, I must say, you are better prepared than 99% of the rest of us ... except that double male cord is a disaster waiting to happen.
I tend to agree with the Double Male Cord. I though about doing it myself, and also came to the conclusion that it was a disaster waiting to happen.

I'm living in a typical 3 bed semi-detached here in Ireland (< 125m2).  I've got 4 Trojan L-16's being kept topped up by Solar.  I examined the electrical distribution board and noticed that one circuit happened to power the Garage/Oil fired Central Heating System/Fridge/Fridge freezer/and one socket in the Kitchen.
I extended this circuit out to the garage where I have the AC Inverter, and split it in the middle with a standard plug/socket.  From the battery bank/inverter I put a simple triple socket.  If I want to switch to Inverter power. I plug this entire house circuit from the 'mains', and plug it into the Inverter output. Sure it's not automatic, but it's simple and as safe as I think I can make it.

Regards
de John
EI7IG