[aprssig] 3' snow emergency dumb idea...(response)

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Mon Feb 8 12:49:46 EST 2010

 Bob WB4APR wrote...

> I do not see anything unsafe about it. Never any exposed electricity.
> Any fool can do it.

That's the problem though. With one slip in the following order and
there's a good chance you would electrocute a linesman from your
local power company.

> 1) Turn off main breaker
> 2) Plug in male-to-male into house
> 3) Plug in male-to-male into car inverter
> 4) Turn on inverter switch.

All is fine if you stick to that order, but it only takes one slip and you
could kill someone. It's not your own safety that everyone's going on
about.

> When power returns to neighborhood, reverse the steps. Nothing
> unsafe about it in any way.

Yes, it "works" but any mistakes would make for a dangerous condition
for someone working on the power lines in your vicinity.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH