[aprssig] APRS RFID reader?

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 2 18:27:49 EST 2010

> That's what I was getting at with glitching the power on the
> "other" reader.  If you get a reading from one reader,
> you make darned sure the other one can't talk.

If someone is coming out and you hold the door for them, you just pervented them from being read.  Leave both scanners active and leave the in/out detection to the upstream system.  We also frequently enter in groups, so the system has to be able to read several tags simultaneopusly.
Watch the Chris Paget SchmooCon talk.  He throws a bunch of tags past the antenna:
  http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-282861825889939203

Also:
You guys appear to be talking only about the 125 kHz tags, right?
What about 13 Mhz and 900 tags.  Are they so much more expensive?  Using the re-programmable tags, us Hams can scavage tags from all kinds of other uses and re-program them as we wish.  You could, in fact, just read a fellas credit card and not even modify it.  You'd just have to look-up his call.
Talk about the three types in more detail.  Adam Laurie ("Major Malfunction") gives a good overview of the types:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca5GklXlppY

73, Steve