[aprssig] APRS RFID reader?

Patrick winston at winston1.net
Tue Feb 2 09:27:28 EST 2010

I'm  not so sure that it really matters when people are leaving places
though..  I'd think the idea for this sort of system would be that at
1323 today I was at the EOC, weather coming or going..  I'd see this
expiring with a high decay rate, so you could have multiple readers
through a facility which would feed the network that you're still
there, but after 20 minutes of no beacon I don't think it would be a
safe bet to assume people are still there..

That said, I don't believe it should be too hard to come up with a
design for a 2 stage reader which is able to infer directionality
based on which order the two readers read the tag, as long as both
readers do read it of course.