[aprssig] APRS RFID reader?

Patrick winston at winston1.net
Mon Feb 1 16:44:20 EST 2010

A large part of the problem is the frequencies used.  They tend to be
greatly affected by things in their read area, especially if the
readers do not have auto-tuning antennas.  Again, the specialized ones
are better at handling this but their cost increases.

The setup I have for race results is self contained with ethernet and
usb to computer (as well as a usb port for backup where all reads are
written to a usb key), so pretty flexible..  I find around 90% read
success of runners passing through the read area.  If nothing else its
fun to make it go batty by throwing a couple dozen tags onto it.