[aprssig] Portable APRS

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 30 19:10:47 EST 2010

I hit Send befor finishing thinking. (;-).

What I was thinking I meant to say was that I can work out the commands for things like sending messages if I can get some pointers to the D710 commands.  I suspect they are similar to the D700, but haven't seen anything on this yet.
Steve

John,

  Did you put a call in there?

While you can't do all the things an outboard client can do with a bare D710, if someone has any info on the D710 CAT commands (I have everything for the D700 & D7) I'll adapt my D700 software to a D710 version (as best I can without owning a D710 - at least not right now) .  This should be able to do all memories and menus as well as send messages and stuff like that.
  I wrote VAB behind Excel to do this for the D700. See my site below.

  I'm currently looking into doing some 'special' telemetry with the D700/D7 radios using only the CAT commands.
--

73, Steve, K9DCI USN (Vet) MOT (Ret) Ham (Yet)

Up to date APRS Beginner Guide - updated Apr-2010
http://K9DCI.home.comcast.net
Click 'APRS Beginner INFO' under Contact

Manage Radio Memories with an Excel Spreadsheet !
Click to tune. Click to capture Radio freq.
All Memories on one page. Cut, Copy, Paste, Print 'em, etc...
For:
TM-D700 | TH-F6A | TS-2000 | Icom 706MkIIG
All PMs |Real-time & memories | Sat mems too | Loads Mem Tones!
NOT D710

More Details, Features and Downloads at:
http://k9dci.home.comcast.net/

--
You know that sea of entropy we were going to drown in? Well, upon closer examination, it turns out to be stupidity. S. Noskowicz 1987