[aprssig] "Best" packet decoder solution

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 13:55:05 EST 2010

On Wed, 29 Dec 2010, Wes Johnston, AI4PX wrote:

> Perhaps each of the
> offending stations is running a kpc3plus as well.  I gotta say though, I
> never saw the behavior in an xastir station.  Maybe xastir people are too
> cheap to buy new TNCs??? hihi.

KD7NM (now SK) was running a KPC-3+ with Xastir as an igate.  I
didn't run an igate at the time because he lived so close.  He had
the problem regularly, so every few months he had to power-cycle the
KPC-3+ to make it behave again.  As far as I can remember this
affects only KISS mode on the KPC-3+ (68HC11 processor), and not an
a KPC-3 (6801 processor).  I believe it affects both 8.x and 9.x
firmware versions but my memory on that is slipping.

I've been running Xastir as an igate for the last year or so with an
TNC-X (KISS-only TNC).  No issues.