[aprssig] Packet length and effect of TXDelay

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Thu Dec 23 11:13:08 EST 2010

I'd have to say that "typical" is hard to define as there is still a
variable-length comment supported after both Mic-E and Compressed
location packets.  If you're looking to tune a specific area, I'd
suggest monitoring that area's APRS packets and determining your own
length from all of the packets on the air in that area.  Position
packets may or may not be the predominant traffic if there is a
substantial number of RF-based weather stations in the area.