[aprssig] River Gauging APRS setup

Wes Johnston, AI4PX wes at ai4px.com
Fri Dec 17 10:44:17 EST 2010

New ideas.... I offered to write a notification web app to the local NWS
folks.  Instead of calling the skywarn people by phone, they could simply
put in a FIPS code and it would SMS message all the hams that had
registered.  Further, each ham would be able to edit their info if they
moved or change phone numbers.  I was told that the union didn't want an
extra procedure to do when activating skywarn.   So I gave up.  Getting
darned tired of trying to help people who don't want help.

Wes
---
God help those who do not help themselves.