[aprssig] Object Timestamps and 111111

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Dec 13 17:25:52 EST 2010

> Thank you.  These are the details that need to be
> on a web page somewhere.

That element is covered on aprs.org/aprs12.html.  The link is
labeled "permanent objects" because it is the 11111z timestamp
that makes them "permanent"...

> If we really want to see new client software
> developed, there really needs to be a one-stop
> definition of EVERYTHING that has evolved to date.

There is.  It is in the 1.01 spec and the aprs.org/aprs11.html
addendum.  The follow-on new ideas and proposals are accumulated
on aprs.org/aprs12.html

> Not a list of "ideas" with no indication of what's
> really in use and what's just future thoughts and ramblings.

"What's really in use is impossible to track with so many
authors and so many half-started efforts and so many unfinished
applications.  The best capabilities comparison page is at
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer/aprs_capabilities.html

I'd love to see the VX8R, VX8DR, VX8GR, FTM350 and D72 added.
Anyone?

Bob, Wb4APR