[aprssig] APRS net book (was SDR)

Mark Earle wa2mct at mearle.com
Sun Dec 12 12:07:27 EST 2010

On 12/12/2010 10:59 AM, r gilson wrote:
> Has anyone used  a net book for APRS?  How much ram and what program
> did u use?  There are many netbooks out there and need some input
> before investing.  Thanks
> WA2WWK
>
> --- On *Sun, 12/12/10, Matti Aarnio /<oh2mqk at sr/*

Yes, I have an Asus E PC 1000HA. 1g ram, 1.6g Atom. Runs UI View,
APRS+SA, findu and aprsfi in the browser. XP. Good general purpose
computer, not blazing fast but fine.

10" screen. I found this at an ebay seller for $240 including shipping.

It runs on 12v  -- 12.000v not 13.8!   The one I bought has the large LI
battery, it runs for 5 hours or so.

There is no serial port, only 3 usb ports, I've run 2 serial to usb at
the same time, though. It also runs just fine the AGWPE softare / sound
card tnc.

Oh -  this one has a 160g HD so plenty of room.

--
       ) )    de WA2MCT Mark
      ( (     Echolink 99190      Grid Square EL17HQ
    `|____|   wa2mct at mearle.com  wa2mct at juno.com  wa2mct at arrl.net