[aprssig] D72 TXD delay TX test

Wes Johnston, AI4PX wes at ai4px.com
Tue Dec 7 17:19:42 EST 2010

Hallelujah!!!

It's bad enough that the average appliance operator never set's his TXD, but
the digi owners sure should. Think about it this way.... I tx a packet with
a bad TXD.  Let's say it costs an extra 300ms.  Now my packet goes out 3
hops, potentially hitting 27 digipeaters (yeah, it's a worst/best case).
300ms x 27 is 8.1 seconds of on air time wasted just with the digipeaters.
It may not sound like much, but think how many times your local digipeater
TX's every day.

Is it time to start talking about queueing packets for 10 or 20 seconds
again??? <ducking>  Seriously, it can be done with a simple timer on the
ext-CD input.  You just hold that input active for 10/20 seconds and let it
drop for one second.  Rinse Lather Repeat.  The digi then uses ONE txdelay
to transmit several packets.  It's a good time saver if we can live with the
bunching effect.

Wes
---
God help those who do not help themselves.