[aprssig] DR125 digi?

Jordan Hayes KG6UAE kg6uae at arrl.net
Fri Dec 3 10:06:37 EST 2010

> The built in TNC is near worthless.

I think that's an overstatement.  I like Scott's product; heck, I have a
handful of them.  But I wouldn't call the factory TNC worthless,
especially if, like Bob did, you come across one in a box of forgotten
toys.  FWIW, there's two things that the EJ-41U has that the OT2
doesn't: 9600 baud; and connected mode operation.  And although it
doesn't have APRS digipeating built-in, it works just fine with a
software digipeater like aprs4r.

The T2-135 is a better mousetrap, especially for APRS; but what it
replaced isn't worthless.

Anyone who thinks their EJ-41U is worthless is welcome to send it to me!

/jordan KG6UAE