[aprssig] TH-D72 Manuals -- Quick First Viewing

Mike Edwards medwardsz28 at cfl.rr.com
Wed Dec 1 07:07:39 EST 2010

> 3)   Antenna fitting is a GIANT STEP BACKWARDS from the pain-in-the-neck
> SMA connector on the TH-D7.  The stubby antenna (a.k.a. a badly-shielded
> dummy load) has a threaded FEMALE fitting on it's bottom that screws down
> onto a MALE threaded stud recessed in the antenna connector on the radio
> chassis.

Stephen, look at this picture from the HRO website:
http://hamradio.com/images_manuf/H0-010879C.jpg

Looks to me like it's still SMA, just recessed into the plastic a bit.
Probably because the plastic on the top of the radio is covering the GPS
antenna. I don't see why you couldn't get a SMA to BNC adapter on there, it
just might be a little tricky to get the nut fully threaded on.

Mike KE4YGT