[aprssig] APRS Desert?

Steve_wG0AT qrp.wg0at at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 09:19:20 EDT 2010

Did a 1000 mile road from my QTH to Kearney,NB and back yesterday.
(glad I don't do that often!)

I was really surprised to find out that there's virtually no APRS
activity in NB along I-80. I saw no stations being heard on the radio
stn list (VX8) and for awhile I thought my radio was broken! It
wasn't  until I got back into CO in the range of the mountains that I
started seeing call signs in the calls-heard list again.  I thought I
would have heard at least a few trackers on RVs, trucks or hams in
general along I-80 but nothing?  Grand Island was the only object
heard/seen. Sure glad to be back in CO where there's plenty APRS
activity! Or so it appears?
73, Steve/wG0AT
http://aprs.fi/?call=wg0at-7&mt=roadmap&z=11&timerange=86400