[aprssig] FW: Shorten packets! Try TXD=200 ms

Wes Johnston, AI4PX wes at ai4px.com
Tue Aug 24 13:45:16 EDT 2010

Imagine I'm standing in a room full of people.  I stand on a chair and start
shouting "Attnention everyone!! MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE".  Within
the first 5 seconds, most will be quiet.  If I do this for 5 minutes, I'll
shut the stragglers up too.  Then I can speak and be heard.  But we won't
have much thruput if I spend 5 minutes to get everyone to shutup and then
all I say is something short like "Lunch is ready".

We must be careful here that some well meaning individual doesn't extend
this to some exaggerated length of time.
Wes
---
God help those who do not help themselves.