[aprssig] Subject: Re: SKY1 - callsign? Wayne County, Ohio.

Ed Lizard Rosen n3gxh at arrl.net
Thu Aug 12 18:29:00 EDT 2010

Likely BS, she does not even own a leather skirt, to my knowledge.

  The talk I had with the person who answered the phone at the Medina
Municipal Airport as the
only airplane to land there in 20 minutes taxied to the tiedown area 3
minutes after the last beacon
from SKY1 was on the APRS-IS, covered the fact that an airplane that
just landed at said airport was
using a tracking device that required it being properly identified
because it transmitted on channels in the
Amateur Radio Service, a service licensed and regulated just like Civil
Aviation. The gentleman that I
spoke with was quite understanding of the many issues related to
improper/illegal operation of
equipment in a regulated/licensed service and told me that he was going
out to talk with that
pilot who had just landed.  I did not ask for the tail number, and
seeing how this thread has progressed,
that may have garnered more humourous retorts.
          Ed   N3GXH

Charles Doughtie wrote:

> Maybe some lady like that was selling contraband trackers in the first
> place.

-- --
--    "Saving peoples' lives
    so they may live long enough
      to become witty."

   Ed Lizard Rosen FF/EMTB N3GXH
    n3gxh at arrl.net
    n3gxh at winlink.org (on the road)
    Days   410 965-8498
    Eves   410 655-4956
    Nextel 443 677-1427
Where was I now? http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?N3GXH*
(n3gxh-3 is the Jeep, -1 is home, -2 is work, -14 is the truck)