[aprssig] Subject: Re: SKY1 - callsign? Wayne County, Ohio.

Wes Johnston, AI4PX wes at ai4px.com
Thu Aug 12 08:48:25 EDT 2010

This is an interesting idea.  We could maliciously interfere on the
internet, not on air.  It would be interesting to have a script which
monitors for certain tactical calls (like SKY-1) and immediatly injects an
object with the same name somewhere off the coast of africa with a URL in
the comment that points to a web site explaining why this has been done.
The web site verbage should not be too presumptuous, rather offer that if
they are a ham they need to ID in the comment field, if they are not a ham
they should consider becoming one.

Make the use of a tracker by unlicensed people utterly useless to them.
Their (wife/coworker / what have you) will eventually tell them "I couldn't
track you on the internet, your position was jumping between Ohio and 0N,0W
and there is a link to some website listed.

Good... now supposing that someone has (ahem) written such a script and
we've opened pandora's box, I trust no one would perpetrate this on *my*
car's callsign.  In the end, that's the danger of turning such a tool loose
in the wild.... how long before someone abuses it.

Wes
---
God help those who do not help themselves.