[aprssig] KB3TAN-11 APRS Usage

Brian Webster bwebster at wirelessmapping.com
Sun Aug 8 19:43:19 EDT 2010

Do we know what this balloon project was or who was involved? Don't recall
seeing any announcements on the lists. These maps will be good to show
people exactly how much a geographic area one can affect by improper path
selection. How often were the packets going out? From the looks of the track
if was pretty aggressive.

The illustration of just how far the direct packets reach should be also
quite enlightening to those who think they need an extra hop in their path
just to make sure they get to the internet.....

Brian N2KGC