[aprssig] /A= altitude question

Greg Clark k7rkt at bigredbee.com
Sat Aug 7 00:48:16 EDT 2010

Guilty as charged -- negative altitude numbers are not something I have a
lot of experience with.  I'll take a look at it, but living at an altitude
of 100+ meters ASL, it's a little difficult for me to 'simulate' without
driving to the coast myself.

I'd recommend ignoring those numbers as well if you can.

I *have* noticed that when my unit powers up, it can generate some strange
altitude numbers for the first packet it transmits -- any idea if this is an
issue related to powerup?  Or do you see multiple packets that look like
this -- if you've got some more examples of malformed packets, that would
certainly help.

Regards,

Greg Clark   K7RKT
BigRedBee, LLC