[aprssig] APRX aprs-is filtering

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Fri Aug 6 21:41:44 EDT 2010

I'm good with that.  I was just asking the question so that other new
people like me that may have expectations to the contrary aren't
confused when they don't see cross-SSID messages coming out over RF.

I really appreciate hearing the history behind the system that I'm still
learning the nitty gritty details of and there's no better place to
learn than at the fingers of the people that have been here from the
start.  Thanks for the good answer and history behind that answer.

PS.  APRSISCE/32 also only IGates (from -IS to RF) the specific
callsign-SSID that was recently heard locally to the RF interface.  If
it manages to hear other messages for the base callsign, it displays
them, doesn't alert them, and certainly doesn't acknowledge them.  I'm
considering adding an automatic b/<basecall>* filter to ensure that each
instance of the client running with the base callsign has a good chance
of receiving messages for any -SSID of that callsign.  Thoughts?