[aprssig] 6 Meter APRS

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun Aug 1 11:18:51 EDT 2010

> ... I also work a lot of time on six meters
> and wondered if APRS could provide the same
> automatic beacon function in the six meter arena?

Ed, Sure,
In the DC and Baltimore area we have about 3 or more 6 meter digis on 50.62 MHz.  That is the receommended frequency for over a decade.  Not much activity, but with the availability of cheap 150W 6m mobiles for peanuts, its a great place to play radio!

A google search on 6m APRS in Maryland might turn up links?  or virginia?

Bob, WB4APR