[aprssig] UI question

Kai Gunter Brandt kai.brandt at hjemme.no
Mon Apr 12 09:38:04 EDT 2010

Steve Noskowicz wrote:

> I may have been premature on Cap's reference.  It doesn't appear to
> fully explain UIFLOOD (at one time I thought I understood this)  and
> There is an issue with the D700 that may or may not be repeated in teh
> 710  conserning UIFLOOD ID vs, NOID.
>
> I just searched around the UIFLOOD and found lots of references dancing
> around, but not explaining it.

Probably easier to understand by some aprs examples:

Two digipeaters with UIFLOOD as WIDE and with callsign DIGI1 and DIGI2

Sending a packet like WIDE2-2 from i.e LA3QMA is going via DIGI1:
LA3QMA,DIGI1*,WIDE2-1

Then via DIGI2:
LA3QMA,DIGI2*,WIDE2

in other words not tracable.

Doing the same with UITRACE like WIDE

Sending a packet like WIDE2-2 from i.e LA3QMA is going via DIGI1:
LA3QMA,DIGI1*,WIDE2-1

Then via DIGI2:
LA3QMA,DIGI1,DIGI2*,WIDE2

and is tracable.

The bug in the TM-D700 is that "ID" is not working so when it digipeats
it sends out the same thing as it hears i think. so it works more like
NOID and that bad even in UIFLOOD

The TM-D710 do not have this bug. Anyhow to use the TM-D700
(standalone)you need to configure it via a terminal software as turning
it on in the menu is not the correct method.

Kai Gunter
LA3QMA