[aprssig] Digipeater Question - Unused WIDE2

Heikki Hannikainen hessu at hes.iki.fi
Tue Apr 6 01:00:24 EDT 2010

On Mon, 5 Apr 2010, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:

> KI4OIU>APU25N,AA4QI-1*,WIDE2:=3012.58N/08135.46W_WWW.JAXSKYWARN.WEBS.COM
>
> If this packet is received over RF, and my client is configured as a WIDE2
> digi, should it digipeat the packet or not?
>
> It seems that the AA4QI-1 digi is doing this consistently.

Should not digi. I think UIDIGI does this - decrementing from WIDE2-1 to
WIDE2 and not marking it as used. Also, if a WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 packet is
first converted to DIGI1*,WIDE2-1 by a callsign-substituting fill-in digi,
a second-hop UIDIGI will digipeat that with a resulting path of
DIGI1*,WIDE2.

   - Hessu