[aprssig] APRSPad in the app store

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Sat Apr 3 23:55:13 EDT 2010

Some people have it working on WinMo 5 and one person has reported that
the latest release of APRSISCE doesn't come up.  I'm still trying to
figure out how to diagnose that without actually having access to the
platform that doesn't work.

A data plan is not required, but you'll need some form of Internet
connection (like the WiFi) to preload maps using the program itself.  It
uses OpenStreetMap.org maps which it caches locally in multiple zoom
levels so you always have a clear view zoomed in or out. When out of
Internet coverage, if a tile is needed that isn't present, it will
stretch a lower zoom level to fill the void.

With a suitable TNC connection, either direct serial or Bluetooth
serial, or however you can get a TNC connected, you'll have APRS RF
coverage.  The program supports KISS TNCs.

copy from the Files section (it's free).  Then see what works or doesn't
work for you and let me know!