[aprssig] APRSPad in the app store

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Sat Apr 3 22:46:20 EDT 2010

Greg D. wrote:
> Hi Lynn,
>
> Will it run on a WinMobile 5 phone with Wi-FI but otherwise no data
> plan?
>
> I have an iPaq  HW6945, but no SIM for it.  The GPS works with Pocket
> Streets, if you happen to be within the very limited set of maps that
> I can find for it.  (The free offer to download maps from Microsoft's
> site apparently has expired, and HP is no help since it's out of
> warranty.)  I'd love to have access to real maps, with APRS, and all
> that, even if just when in range of a Wi-Fi hotspot, because otherwise
> this thing is pretty much useless.  aprs.fi won't load, for example,
> as IE is too old.
>
> Greg  KO6TH

Every copy of MS Streets & Trips and MS MapPoint for standard PCs has an
export utility included that will create tiles of selected areas for
Pocket Streets.  As long as you can run the Microsoft "ActiveSync" tool
between the iPaq and a "real" computer, you can have all the maps you
want on it.   (Streets & Trips which covers all of North America
including Canada and Mexico at street level is 29.95 at Wal-Mart.  )

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

NEW!    Universal HF/VHF/UHF Antenna Mounting System
  http://wa8lmf.net/mobile/UniversalAntMountSystem.htm

  http://wa8lmf.net/DigiPaths

Symbols Set for UI-View,
UIpoint and APRSplus: