[aprssig] Alinco DR-135TMKIII

Frank or Barbara Rossi n3flr at bellatlantic.net
Sat Sep 26 15:27:00 EDT 2009

I use one at my house with T2-135 TNC board from ArgentData installed.
I have it as a fill in DIGI for mainly if the local DIGI would go down.
I run the radio at 12Volts to drop the output power to about 35 watts.
Also put an extra fan cooling the radio.
I'm not at a high location and not a high RF location, lower traffic
load and no intermod.

If you wanted to use one at a repeater site, it may work out if you
lower the power output
and put some filtering in front of it, perhaps  pass reject cavity.
No 2 meters at the site, you may get away OK

It is possible to add a second complete duplexer to a 147 Mhz repeater
system and
run a 144.39 DIGI and the 147 Mhz repeater on the same antenna.
I attached an article by WD8OYG, I think this reflector will take
attachments.
N3FLR - Frank