[aprssig] Alinco DR-135TMKIII

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sat Sep 26 11:12:09 EDT 2009

On Sat, 26 Sep 2009, Sam Guccione wrote:

> This has probably been asked before but has anyone tried the Alinco
> DR-135TMKIII with built in TNC as an APRS digipeater to replace KPC3+ with
> radio?

There are people using the DR-135T w/o the Alinco TNC but with the
T2-135 TNC board from ArgentData installed...   It works much better
and has much more of a feature set than the Alinco TNC.  Most of the
people I know with them are using them as trackers in their mobiles,
but the Tracker2 has digipeater capability and remote config
capability built-in, plus it's user-flashable.