[aprssig] Use call without SSID?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Sep 25 18:10:04 EDT 2009

On Fri, 25 Sep 2009, Steve Noskowicz wrote:

> How about this:
>
> It is 'nice' for display purposes and those who casually look at
> raw packets to use the SSID as recommended in the (Bob) list, but
> it is not required for system operation.

Reasonable, but perhaps add:

   "SSID's _must_ be used on additional stations with the same
    callsign that are transmitting on RF in order to keep their data
    separate."

If one doesn't use separate SSID's you get the "APRS Flower"(tm)
drawn on everybody's maps as you drive a circle around your home
station.  Kind'a pretty.